lundi 11 juin 2007

leaving

Friday, August 04, 2006

Well Selby from work got the bosses to pay me holidy for the time I went to scotland in june and then sick pay for two days I was ill, so I am quite chuffed by this,

I have also managed to rangle some time off work without taking any of my holiday, through working a bank holiday, taking a day in lue bla bla bla, thus allowing me to save some holiday for my catch up visit to my mate Alex,

He is in Milan at the moment, poor lamb.

Speaking of travelling, a guy at my work called Amit was recently left to go and be in India for a while, he is a well travelled person indeed.

We went to the moon under water with Marcus and Stephen from work and had a great conversation.

He told me something which I was very humbled by,

He said that he gained a great amount of respoect for me one time I was telling him a little about my philosophy in life.

He was worried about what he wanted to do, for example get another job in IT, move to isreal for a bit, or go travelling. I told him that there is no such thing in life as an incorrect choice.

For example, if he decided to persue his caree in IT he would no doubt make lots of friends he wouldn't if he went travelling where he would meet another group of people.

there is no point thinking about "what ifs" as you can't change these. So every time I come to a fork in the road I realise that the choice I make cannot be a wrong one, and good will always come my way what ever happens.

there is no point thinking about "what ifs" as you can't change these. So every time I come to a fork in the road I realise that the choice I make cannot be a wrong one, and good will always come my way what ever happens.

Amit really flattered me when he said that after I told him this piece of advice that his opinion of me changed and realised I was slightly more thoughtful than I let on. Also it made him look at things differently.

After the pub we were in closed we all headed out, Neil also from work had since joinced us and he, Amit and Stephen all went on to some trendy bar thing,

I was tired so hitched a lift with Marcus. The problem was that I had a few glasses of wine to drink so I think I might have annoyed Marcus when I suggested emptying all the rubbish out of his car,

oh dear,

I think he forgave me today at work but I was a little mortified, oh deary me.

A guy called Gavin has left the place I work, he kind of walked out a few days ago after they messed up his pay, well they messed up a lot of people's pay this month.

he is having a drink down at the local pub with a few people from work around lunch time today, then tomorrow I think they are all out in the town that is Watford. oh well.

but the shocker to the work place has most liekly been Richard's announcement that he is to leave at the end of the month and take up a life in Cyprus. I have been joking about how this has affected a few people but it's really funny. I sent out the following email at work today

hey there,
>> I understand that we are all affected by Richard's decision to
> leave, I have spotted many of the characteristic stages of the grieving
> process in many of my colleagues.
>> for example when I mentioned it to Vikesh, he was shocked, (the first> stage)
>> today Maddasar said
>> "I'm shocked! I've known richard a long time."
>> Zuber came up to me today and said "I still can't believe he's
> leaving" denial the second stage.
>> have you noticed anger in anyone, I think Selby was a little peeved, but
> he's hiding it well
>> and finally there is acceptance, where ironically I am at already. heh heh
>> good luck!
>

but I was looking on line for the greiving stages and I found this

The stages Kubler-Ross identified are:

Denial (this isn't happening to me!)

Anger (why is this happening to me?)

Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)

Depression (I don't care anymore)

Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)


heh heh oh dear,

Aucun commentaire: